- December 30, 2018: Campaign launched.
- February 20, 2019: The public commenting period ended. More than 8,000 emails demanding legislation that truly protects consumers were sent to the government and opposition transportation critics.
On December 17, 2018, the Liberal Government announced their proposed regulations for what they are calling a “best in the world” Air Passenger Bill of Rights. The draft regulations released by the Canadian Transportation Agency are more like an Airline Bill of Rights. These new rules would reduce the rights of Canadian travellers in a number of ways, including:
- more than doubling the time passengers may be stranded on the tarmac from the current 90 minutes to 3 hours and 45 minutes;
- denying compensation for delays and cancellations due to maintenance issues, thus absolving the airlines of responsibility in virtually all cases; and
- providing no compensation for denied boarding in almost all circumstances and making it onerous to pursue compensation when owed.
Let the government and your MP know that you are not happy with their proposed regulations.
Email the Government and your Member of Parliament
Your email application should open momentarily.