October 8, 2019
Just wanted to say thank you for the assistance with how to submit a claim. Today, Lufthansa deposited CAD$901 into my account for my flight delays from last November
Hello, I am trying to sort out what compensation to ask for:
• On November 29, 2018 I had a flight booked, as part of a multi-city booking with Air Canada, from MRU to FRA connecting same day FRA to LHR.
• Flight MRU to FRA (LH 579) was delayed 11 hours because of crew issues (flight attendant didn't show up, thus delaying incoming aircraft)
• Luftansa rebooked me on LH5455 (run by Eurowings) MRU to MUC and MUC to LHR, having me arrive at the same time as original booking in LHR
• When I got to the airport in MRU, I was notified that the flight was now going to DUS because the airline needed the aircraft there instead. I was told I would be provided a connecting flight to MUC to make the connection to LHR
• Flight MRU to DUS (originally MRU to MUC - LH5455) was delayed 2 hours in MRU and I missed all connecting flights as a result.
• I was put up in a hotel at the airport in DUS, provided food vouchers, and rebooked on a flight to LHR for the next morning.
• I finally arrived in LHR the following day, over 12 hours later than my original booking.
I know flights to and from the EU that are delayed are eligible for up to 600 euros in compensation. My main question is: am I eligible for the full 600 and do I ask for the compensation from Luftansa or Eurowings?
Thank you in advance for any assistance!
Originally posted in the Air Passenger Rights (Canada) group on Facebook.