December 17, 2021 at 7:28 PM
Was just informed that the second leg of our trip home from London was cancelled (Montreal to Fredericton) due to weather. Air Canada rebooked us to take the same trip the following day (the 19th), which we can't take because our PCR tests will be more than 72 hours old. Although the London to Montreal flight is still operating, we are being told that if we take that flight and take a different flight from Montreal to Fredericton the following day, we will be charged for new tickets as we are "cancelling" the original trip. What are our rights here? Surely asking to be rebooked on the next connecting flight isn't outlandish rather than having the whole thing delayed by a day.
1) You have every right travel on your original flight from London to Montreal. That resolves the PCR test issue.
2) Air Canada is required to rebook you on the NEXT available flight from Montreal to Fredricton.
AC cannot charge you extra for that -- see s. 18 of the APPR.
First get back on Canadian soil, then deal with getting to Fredricton.
December 17, 2021 at 7:29 PM
thanks Gabor! They actually Ended up being fairly decent to work with after an initial hold. Put us on a flight to Toronto instead that gets us to Fredericton sooner at no extra cost. Hope this post will be helpful for anyone else who just had their flights out of Montreal cancelled!
December 17, 2021 at 7:34 PM
Originally posted in the Air Passenger Rights (Canada) group on Facebook.